TIPS TO IMPROVE THE VALUE OF YOUR HOME WHEN YOU PUT IT FOR SALE
Home appraisal is a very key factor as far as the value of a homestead is concerned, hence it immensely determines the market value of a home. When you plan to sell a home, you need to put into consideration the essential upgrades that can make your home value rise. Home upgrades that can improve the value of your home can be classified majorly into:
- Long term upgrades that can improve your home value
- Short term upgrades that can improve your home value.
Long term upgrades that can improve the value of your home when putting it up for sale come into play when you know you are not going to sell your home today or tomorrowthus you plan for the future. Plant trees to enhance the serene environment of your home, trees also make your home appealing to the eyes when properly placed. Trees can also reduce the cooling cost during hot summer seasons hence adding value to your home when putting it up for sale. Another long-term upgrade can involve land scaping which is of low-maintenance. Consider planting shrubs and colourful plants which are drought tolerant and require less maintenance and water, land scaping of low maintenance improves the value of your home in future when you put it up for sale.
Adherence to regular maintenance and repairs of your home is also a long-term upgrade that will hinder depreciation and trigger appreciation of your home when putting it up for sale. Broken things in your home which are not regularly attended to will lead to a huge cost in future. Negligence is always expensive hence adhering to regular maintenance and repairs will improve the value of your home significantly over time.Water and electricity availability is a long term upgrade that directly improves the value of your home hence efforts can be made to ensure that they are readily available and reliable.
Short term upgrades that improve the value of your home when putting it for sale include but are not limited to:
- Painting is a quick fix home value improver as its one of the simplest and cost-effectivemethod. Choose an array of colours that are appealing to the eyes and neutral colours where necessary. Rent storage units Long Island when you are painting the house and keep your expensive furniture there. This way the furniture will not be spoilt and will add to the value of the home.
- Security is key as far as the value of a home is concerned;ensure your home is not easily accessible by trespassers and thieves. The home can also be put under CCTV surveillance as this directly improves the value of the home when put up for sale.
- Cleanliness is also a major factor in improving the value of the home as a clean home is free of bugs which can spread diseases. Proper lighting in a home can give a buyer the feeling of peace and security hence increasing value to a home.
- House face-lifting can also tremendously improve the value of your home and is highly recommended as a major value improver when considering putting up your home for sale.